- 250g. margarine at room temperature
- 150ml. groundnut oil
- 200g. strained yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons kefalotiri or parmesan cheese
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 600g. plain flour approximately
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 1 teacup of grated feta cheese
- 1 teacup of grated kefalotiri cheese
- 1 large egg
- freshly ground pepper
How to make?
1. Place the margarine, yoghurt, groundnut oil and salt in a bowl and stir well with a whisker or fork, until everything melts. Sieve the flour and baking powder together and add them, gradually, to the mixture. Knead until you end up with a dough that does not stick to your hands (do not knead for too long).
2. Cover the dough and chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then divide it into 35-40 equally sized balls.
3. Flatten each ball of dough by placing it between your palms. Put some filling on and then fold it to make a crescent. Use a fork to press down the seam, so as to seal the filling in.
4. Array the pies onto a greased baking tray. Place the tray on the middle shelf of a preheated oven and bake at 170ºC, for 30 minutes, until they turn golden.[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Perfect Crunchy Cheese Pies – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]