- 1 hen free range 1½ kilos
- 1/2 kilo of Carolina rice
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of celery
- juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
How to make?
1. Boil the chicken along with the carrot, onion and celery for 1 hour and 45 to 2 hours in a deep pot until it is tender. Towards the end of the year we salute and, whenever necessary, we skim.
2. When the chicken is boiled, take it to a large platter along with the vegetables.
3. We measure the broth. We want 8 mugs. If less, fill with water.
4. Once the broth is boiled, pour the rice and simmer for 15 minutes. Finally, pepper and squeeze the lemons. Mix and serve.